ISLE OF MAN -- PokerStars, the world's largest online poker site are pleased to announce a special star-studded addition to its European Poker Tour (EPT) Grand Final week with the first ever
Ante Up For Africa (AUFA) Europe Celebrity Charity Poker Tournament. The event is aimed at raising money within the poker community for the current humanitarian mission in crisis torn Darfur.
The event will take place on April 27, 2009 at 6pm, a day before the PokerStars EPT Season Five Grand Final Main Event. The following list of celebrities and poker pros will compete in the €4,000 buy in no-limit Texas hold'em tournament held in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
• Nelly (US hip hop artist)
• Nico Rosberg (F1 driver)
• Boris Becker (Tennis star)
• Pepe Reina (Liverpool FC goalkeeper)
• Zara Philips
• Mike Tindall (England rugby international)
• Teddy Sheringham (ex-Manchester United & England forward)
• James Kyson Lee (US actor 'Heroes')
• Bruno Lopez aka Kool Shen (French rapper artist)
• Christina Milian (singer/song-writer)
• The Dream (singer/song-writer)
• Sebastian Chabal (France rugby player)
• Philippe Saint Andre (France rugby coach)
• Joel and Benji Madden (Good Charlotte)
• Poli Rincon (ex-Real Madrid forward)
• Jason Lewis ('Smith' Sex in the City and Brothers & Sisters)
• Kirsty Gallacher (UK TV presenter)
All PokerStars players can buy-in via their PokerStars account using USD5, 275 directly through the client. Platinum VIP players or above can use W$. Registration desks open in Monte Carlo from 5pm-7pm located in the lobby of the Casino, players can buy in with €4,000 cash or via their PokerStars account using USD5, 275.
The Ante Up For Africa Europe and PokerStars Charity Tournament will be broadcast on the following channels;
Deutsches Sport Fernsehen in Germany, TV4 Sport in Sweden, Sport TV in Russia, ONE in Australia, NRJ12 in France, Italia Uno in Italy, ESPN Latam in Latin America, Sport TV Balkans, Nova Sport in Eastern Europe, UK & Portugal tbc.
Please see www.pokerstar.com/press for further details on Ante Up For Africa
|PokerStars.com is a fun, safe place to play poker with people from around the world for real or play money. The site offer the most popular poker games such as Texas Hold'em, Omaha and Stud. Real money limits range from $0.01/0.02 to $100/$200. PokerStars is an official member of the World Poker Tour, and the title sponsor of the European Poker Tour (EPT) and the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure. In the fall, PokerStars hosts the world's largest online tournament, the World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP).|
ReadyBetGo! is an independent gambling news and information service. If you plan to play in casinos, ensure
that you are not breaking any local laws. It's up to you to know the legality of your actions when you gamble.